Friday, August 14, 2015

Birthdays at Disney!

Today is my birthday and I'm ready to share two major revelations:
1.  Birthdays are fabulous!
2.  Disney is fabulous!

Mix those two fabulous things together and you have something... magical!

I have been lucky enough to spend several awesome birthdays with Mickey Mouse and his friends, so I thought I would share just a few fun tips for birthday celebrations at different ages.

#1 - Birthday badges!
These are great for all ages from 1-101!  They are completely free and often get you a little special attention.  Writing your name on it with a sharpie or permanent marker is especially important.  I always keep the sharpie with me in case it rubs off - this happens quite frequently.

#2 - Birthday dining reservations!
I'll just give these general age ranges, but here are a few suggestions for extra special places to celebrate a birthday:

2-12 - Cinderella's Royal Table - yep, it's pricey - but it's totally worth it for a special occasion like this one.  Although I usually favor Akershus because I feel less claustrophobic and also think that you get more time with the princesses, I think there is something special about eating in the castle on your birthday.  Definitely get her a princess crown for the meal and note the celebration when you make your reservation.  The princesses usually give a special little gift for a birthday girl or boy of any age.

13-18 - Sci-Fi Dine in Theater or Be Our Guest
Sci-Fi is just a really cool place to eat - the atmosphere is dark and fun and the cast members there make sure birthdays are properly recognized. Be Our Guest (still new, so definitely make those reservations 180 days out) is beautiful inside and is a perfect place to celebrate a special occasion.

19+ California Grill
Make a dinner reservation an hour before the fireworks, arrive early and make sure you tell them you want to be able to watch the fireworks from where you're seated when you check in.  It's so incredible - especially if you happen to go during a Not So Scary Halloween Party and catch that version of Wishes - it's panoramic and incredible.  Definitely a great place for a birthday dinner!

19+Hollywood Brown Derby
I personally think this restaurant has the best menu of any restaurant on Disney property.  The cobb salad alone has my mouth watering any time it's mentioned.  And the steaks, seafood, and pasta dishes... well, they're perfect for celebrating anything!  Especially a birthday!

19+Le Cellier Steakhouse
The steaks melt in your mouth.  Particularly for a man, this is an awesome place to celebrate a birthday.  Start with the cheese soup and move into a delicious steak... I guarantee it will be a birthday you won't soon forget!

#3 - Free cupcake or ice cream is great, but don't forget you can order a specialty cake!
Any restaurant where you have a dining reservation can take an order for a specialty cake.  And they'll accommodate special dietary restrictions!  So if your loved birthday girl/boy/man/woman can't have something (gluten, dairy, peanut, etc.) feel free to order something special that they CAN enjoy!

#4 - Go to the birthday person's favorite park on the day they celebrate their birthday!
I know this seems obvious, but sometimes in my Disney-obsessed mania I think that we must go to the park that has extra magic hours or I could get a special dining reservation, but the truth is: on my birthday I want to be at Epcot.  And so I believe that whatever park the birthday person wants to be at on their special day... they should be at!

No comments:

Post a Comment