Friday, August 23, 2013

First Trip Tips


If you've never been to Disney before, there are lots of factors to consider in planning your trip!  I will gloss over a few in this post, but feel free to post questions in the comments section below if you want more specific advice.
  1. How many days should I plan for my trip? Often I hear 7 days recommended if you want to visit all 4 parks and still come home feeling like you relaxed on your vacation, but 7 is long and expensive for a first trip.  I personally think 5 days/4 nights is best for a first trip. I always try to buffer one day of being home before you go back to work after a Disney trip - unpacking and recovering from the travel and exhaustion of the heat and walking takes longer than you might think!
  2. Which parks should I visit? Magic Kingdom is all about creating magic - if you are going with anyone in the 10 & under crowd, this should be at the top of your list.  EPCOT is divded into 2 parts: Future World (character meet-and-greets, tours of future technology in Innoventions, and several fun attractions) and the World Showcase (11 pavillions of countries that consist of shops, restaurants, characters, and shows).  There is something thrilling for everyone at EPCOT.  Hollywood Studios is a stark contrast to the Magic Kingdom as it is all about getting an inside look at how the magic is made.  Hollywood Studios shows you how shows are set, gives you many chances to meet characters (and even see how they're drawn), and offers a few very fun rides.  I think that Hollywood Studios has the most to offer the teen/young adult crowd. Animal Kingdom doesn't have a large number of rides either, but it is a gorgeous place to spend a day.  Several attractions are good for families or kids and there are also several thrill rides.  The majority of its charm is its tours through Africa and Asia and the amazing settings.  I have more in-depth posts about each park on my blog, but this should help you narrow it down some.  In my opinion, Magic Kingdom and EPCOT are absolute musts to a first trip.
  3. Where should I stay?  See my resort recommendations in my post http://disneybloggingmama.blogspot.com/2013/07/where-to-stay.html
  4. Should I use a travel agent?  Absolutely! Why wouldn't you tap into the knowledge of a professional when it's completely free to you? Visit WDWplans.com or Wishdrawals.com for free professional help!
  5. Where can I find Disney discounts?  The safest way to get legitimate discounts is to talk to a Disney travel consultant.
  6. When and where should I make dining reservations?  Feel free to contact us for personalized assistance picking the best meals for you and yourfamily.  Dining reservations should be made 180 days (or as close to 180 days) in advance.  
  7. How long in advance should I plan my trip?  Check out my timeline for planning your trip http://disneybloggingmama.blogspot.com/2013/08/planning-your-trip.html

No comments:

Post a Comment